Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Introduction

As a teenager in the late 80's, I grew up learning about computers on a Commodore 64. My parents didn't have a ton of money, so getting something like a computer was a very big deal for me. I had learned about computers at school on old TRS-80's, but my friend Ray had the Commodore 64 and the robust gaming and the world of BBS's via modem lured me the Commodore way. Thinking back, a huge part of my adolescence was molded by the old Commodore. I have been tinkering around with the 64 via emulation for years now, but I decided as a hobby to resurrect a working Commodore 64 computer system. I wanted to keep a journal of my adventures so that anyone taking this journey might have a resource for where to get parts and how to put one together. I'll also document my progress in bringing back old school gaming by trying to play through some of those old games. I will also try to recall old memories of my old Commodore 64 adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment